Day 9 afternoon
- The party entered the back of the mine where they found an even larger Tameen section. Four miners were tied up in the center with their packs. When Brokmund approached, his former master Neerio came out from a side chamber and warned him not approach as their packs were trapped. Neerio had betrayed the miners and Earl Bromkar.
- Remnants of the Coven squad known as the Grimtooth Battalion emerged to challenge the party: Smash the ogre wielding a small naval canon and four hobgoblins. Neerio offered to broker a payout to the party, but neither the party or the Grimtooth members seemed interested.
- During the fight Princess Miratari tried to cast Earthquake, but her spell failed. She regrouped and successfully cast Cure Wounds on Thjafi instead.
- The party defeated the Grimtooth members and captured Neerio.
- They found in another room some more Tameen artifacts and treasures.
Loot: 8 gems (50 gp), 2300 cp, 170 sp, 30 gp, studded leather +1, rapier +1, schematics to cartridge shots
(Identified from previous session)
Blackrain – pistol +1, intelligent; three shot revolver taking cartridge shots
- Special purpose: templar (tasked with protecting the children of Pharaoh Soophis); souldrinker (when you reduce a creature to 0 hit points, the pistol slays the creature and drinks its soul, unless it is a construct or an undead. A creature whose soul has been drunk by Blackrain can be restored to life only by a wish spell. When it drinks a soul, Blackrain grants you temporary hit points equal to one fifth the slain creature’s hit point maximum. These hit points fade after 24 hours. As long as these temporary hit points last and you keep Blackrain in hand, its magical bonus becomes +2, and you have +1 on saving throws and ability checks.)
Scale Mail +1
- The party returned the miners and Neerio to Attigen to the celebration of the town and the thanks of Earl Bromkar.
- The party told Bromkar that Miratari is an orphan they found along the way.
- Brokmund executes Neerio for his betrayal.
- The party has the following options for their next action:
- A phantom airship is disrupting a trade route
- The gnome village of Burrabor who sheltered five miners were upset when the party killed one of their scouts so they sent the miners to a slave market. (current choice)
- Earl Bromkar has ordered the siege and destruction of Burrabor.
- Miratari is still trying to orient herself to this new modern world, but she thinks she could find her way to Kwalish’s other hidden cryo-chamber.
- The Grimtooth Battalion led by the quickling gunslinger Jaezin Bor is off to sell the stolen elemental coal.
Loot: 800 gp each for securing the mines and rescuing some of the miners